you are the love that blows my sails (2010/12/11)

you are the love
that blows my sails,
that fills my chest
with laughter and with
tears, unshed.

you are the breath
that dries my sweat
you are the towel
that wipes me down
whenever I get wet.

I could do without.
Could handle towel,
wet, and rain,
dreams that silently
go down the drain.

Learned, in effect,
to deal with the dull,
learned to breathe
while watching life cull
my all-too high-strung
aspirations.

As it is with nature's bounty,
I've never known the
when or why
for your love and friendship
I did and still do
qualify.

It just is.
So, in times of solitude,
I steer my bow to you.
Try quietly to give
of what blossoms
here – in part it's due to you.

You are the love that
blows my sails, gently,
unnoticeably so. I'm grateful for a
life, that chose to make it so.

für A.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen